This is the very first of my interview series, Rituals. The idea came to me last year, and I sat on it for about 8 months before creating this. I've always believed in studying the practices of those who you praise. What do these powerful, insightful, successful people do in their every day lives that have led them to the place that we so admire? Rituals. Daily practices. A series of actions or type of behavior regularly and invariably followed by someone.
My rituals are so sacred to me, and I was curious to see if any patterns would be revealed through the regularly performed practices of those who inspire me. Lets begin.
Caley is not only one of my best friends, but an incredibly inspiring yoga teacher in our community. Her online presence is vibrant and a little promiscuous, and her classes will challenge you in ways that break your boundaries and remind you just how much you are capable of accomplishing. Here is a little insight into the daily practices that have helped Caley get to where she is now.
1. What are 3 things you must do every morning?
- Have a massive glass of water with Vitamin C powder
- Meditation (at least 5 minutes!)
- Oil pulling... I'm addicted!
2. What is one thing you are trying to manifest in your life right now?
- Getting a RAD job that brings me to Europe, more specifically to FRANCE
- I know you said just one thing, but I would also love to have someone offer me an amazing place to live (for free of course!) close to the beach, with a beautiful yard, wood floors, and full of natural light.
3. How do you get through an afternoon slump?
- I'm generally so busy that this isn't an issue for me. There are, however, a few preventive actions that I take. I eat high vibrational, energy-packed foods and drink matcha, kombucha, or super coffee with XCT oil and superfood powders. On the off chance that I do feel a slump coming on, I do a hand stand or spaz out for a solid 5 minutes (like really spaz out!)
4. How do you set yourself up for success?
- I outsource. My time is valuable. I know my strengths and weaknesses. I hire people to help out with the little things, as well as the tasks that I am not super fond of myself. This way I can be MUCH more productive! It allows me to get ahead, as opposed to playing catch up.
5. What rituals do you practice every day?
- Lighting incense
- Singing in the shower
- Snuggling with my doggie
- Walking outdoors, rain or shine
- Some form of physical exercise
- Journaling before bed
- Setting my phone on Airplane mode in the evening (at around 9pm)
- MEDITATION. Every single day.